If you are interested in sharing your story on Me.Decoded or becoming a regular contributor, we would love to hear from you. You don't need to be Neurodivergent, allies and champions are also welcome.
Our Welcome Post provides some insight into what Me.Decoded is all about, what we hope it will become, and why we believe Neurodiversity is important.
There are two ways in which you can contribute to Me.Decoded.
Email a draft post
Email us a draft post which is no longer than 1200 words along the following details
- Your preferred name to be shared with the post, unless you wish to post anonymously
- A short bio (no longer than 200 characters)
- Any websites / social medial profiles that you would like to be shared
Complete an online Q&A
The online Q&A can be completed online and submitted for us to review. There are several questions to choose from, and you can answer the ones that you feel are most relevant to you.
Reviewing and publishing submissions
You will be contacted within 7 days of your submission (this may take longer during holiday times, due to family commitments) with confirmation of a proposed publication date, or a request for further edits prior to publication.
Once agreed the post will be schedule for publication, and shared via the website and promotion via our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In).
Any posts published will be shared under the Neurodivergent Thinkers profile, with your details shared on the blog post.
I want to keep rules to a minimum, but I believe a few are needed to ensure that Me.Decoded is viewed as a place for positive change.
- Ideally posts should be 800-1200 words in length. Longer posts will only only be accepted in exceptional circumstances
- Be considerate of the Neurodivergent community. Think about how your post will resonate with them.
- Please be respectful. If talking about challenges or shortcomings, I believe that this can be done with respect.
- I love facts, but any stated facts need to include cited sources.
- If including other people in your story, make sure that they know and are happy to be included. I'd hate to publish something that someone else doesn't want made public.
- We all have people who have caused us pain, however I don't believe attacking people in a public post is the best way to work through that. Personal attacks on others, no matter how valid, will not be accepted
- No posts advertising products or services will be accepted. Advertisements are not stories. I am happy to have thought pieces from companies, as long as they are relevant to building Neurodiversity
Below are some frequently asked questions, if you have any additional questions then please get in touch with your question.
Can I blog anonymously?
If you wish to blog anonymously then that is ok, just let me know that and I will post it as an anonymous post.
What kind of blog posts are you interested in?
Below are some stories that I would love to see, however I am open to others ideas as long as they are aligned to the the vision for Me.Decoded.
- Work with Me - what I want other people to know about working with me #WorkWithMe
- My personal story - experiences with education and employment
- What I want you to know about me
- The unique strengths and skills I have to offer
- The impact receiving the right support had on me
- Why Neurodiversity is important to me
- Challenges in the workplace, and the changes I wish to see
- The strategies I use at school and/ or work and / or life
- What a Neurodiverse world would look like for me
- The importance of reasonable adjustments
- Tips for Neurodiversity
- Neurodiversity friendly recruitment
- Why Neurodiversity needs to start in schools
- Neurodiversity coaching for interviewing and employment
- The importance of neurodiversity specialist job coaching
- The price of not embracing Neurodiversity
- Key considerations for establishing Neurodiversity within organisations
- Organisational changes required for Neurodiversity
- Supporting Neurodivergent individuals at school / in the workplace
How do I get a personal contributor profile
If you wish to contribute multiple posts to Me.Decoded, a personalised contributor profile can be created for you after you submit your second post.